Friday, March 19, 2010

Who could it be? Believe it or not, it's just me!

"Look at what's happened to me, I can't believe it myself. Suddenly I'm up on top of the world, It should've been somebody else.

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air. I never thought I could feel so free-, flying away on a wing and a prayer. Who could it be?  Believe it or not it's just me."


I Just completed another major purge of my pants closet and as frustrating as the now empty closet is from a budget point of view - I am down to 2 pairs of dress pants and 2 pairs of jeans- it also just amazes me when I look at the huge pile ready to go to charity again. To realize what each of those piece of clothing means I have accomplished.

So I thought today would be a great day for a "milestone report". What have I accomplished, a reminder to myself that as hard as this may all seem at times, it is soooo worth it.

So let's see....

Weight...Highest 338 (May 09)...Started with Gui 311 (Nov 09)...Today 271 = 67 lbs lost total, 40 lbs lost in the last 12 weeks!!!!!!

Medications....Nov 09 - 2 blood pressure medicines, 1 muscle relaxer, 1 stomach medicine plus a ton of Aleve...Today 1 blood pressure medicine and 1 stomach medicine!!!!!

Clothes...Pants...Nov 09 - Plus size store size 12..Today Plus size store size 6 (with a belt needed);
Tops...Nov 09 - 4x...two days ago when we went shopping...some of what I bought was XL, some 1x;
Shoes...Nov 09 - sneakers anywhere I could get away with, dress shoes were completely flat...Today...sneakers are for only working out if I can help it, heels are back and so are cute shoes!!!!

Exercise...Nov 09 -barely able to carry out every day tasks, had to stop every few feet when walking...Today work out 6-7 days a week, duration ranging from 45 minutes to 2+ hours, and totally frustrated when told I can't work out or to work out less!!!!

Sleep... Nov 09 - Up til 1 or 2 am and mornings were killer, if a choice slept til 10am...Now...up and wide awake by 6am and trying to be in bed by 11pm.

It's hard to believe reading this it is all about me, I still have the challenge of getting my brain to internalize it, but even if I can't quite get it is about me on a daily basis, I have to admit reading it blows my mind. TWELVE WEEKS. It's been 12 weeks I have been working with Gui and have made this amount of progress.


I wouldn't have predicted it, I wouldn't have planned on it and I certainly didn't believe it could happen. At times I want to project it forward, if I am here after 12 weeks imagine where I can be in 6 months or a year, but as I learned this week, for now I think I'll just celebrate these victories and let tomorrow take care of its self!

Thank you to Gui for patience beyond sainthood some days, and thank you to all my friends who keep me moving, who get me "un-slumped" (see the previous post) and who believe in me more than I do myself!!!! I love you all dearly.

3 comments:

  1. Today is today - and it is a day to celebrate! Do so by heading to K-Mart or some consignment shops to find clothes that fit nicely, don't cost too much, and will carry you along until for now.

    YEAH for you!!
    :-)
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for a celebration! Go buy clothes that fit... for now. And keep up the hard work and the harder working it all out in your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping......I have gotten a bunch of comments/emails about going shopping. Everyone missed in the shirt size that I DID go shopping this week. Did some damage at MOA, but only got tops. Pants are just a pair or two at a time as I need them. It was fun shopping, went with a friend and it is great having more and more choices to choose from that fit.

    ReplyDelete