Thursday, July 1, 2010

American Cancer Society Relay for LIfe....Please donate and help me honor three amazing women!

I need your help....I'll do the walking if you do the giving. Using this blog for fundraising is NOT something I was ever going to do, but I have decided this is an important enough cause to bend that rule.

On Friday July 16th, I am some dear friends (from near and far) will participate in the ACS Relay for Life. For me doing this event is a personal accomplishment, being able to even consider a 12 hour relay 6 months ago would have seemed insane at best. Now, 93 lbs lighter and a whole lot fitter, I am ready to walk for those who can't anymore.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog post http://totallypredictableunpredictability.blogspot.com/2010/05/cancerthink-pinkand-focusyour-help.html
I am walking to honor three very amazing women who lost their battles with cancer.

Linda Karp, Tish Cort and Ginny Flansburg.






They are only three of the people of from my life who were taken too soon.

Please donate to this worthwhile cause at this link Team Focus, Eagan, MN Relay Donations

and if you have someone you have lost consider purchasing a luminaria to be lit during the rememberance lap! Luminaria

And remember, there is still time to join "Team Focus" and walk with us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment