Friday, February 26, 2010

Shabbat Shalom...A day of rest

Hopefully I won't make this all too confusing to read if I interject some of the current stuff as I post the "how I got here" stuff. I feel like I need to vent today. It is a really weird day. Not one of my better ones work wise and as shocking as it is for me to say this, I am learning to use exercise as my escape and to get me out of a funk. No one will be more shocked at those words than I am. And if that caught you off guard the next part will floor you.

One of the "recommendations" my trainer made was that I stop working out 7 days a week (typically I do three days of strength/resistance work with him and 4 days of cardio on my own). In 3 months I have probably missed 3 days of working out and tried to compensate on those days by walking the mall or the airport terminal.

So now I am going for 3 and 3 and a day of rest. Unfortunately I have run out of days to skip in this week so today it is. My day to do nothing physical. In my previous life I would have found this a great treat. Today it is just making me feel cagey and anxious. Who would have thought exercise would ever become my coping mechanism.

2 comments:

  1. Pam:
    Finding your blog and reading about your trainer reminded me of a funny story of another one of my friends. She has started on a similar path as you and is dropping weight. The other night, she invited her best friend and her personal trainer to our JEWEL (Jewish Emerging Leaders) Happy Hour. By the end of the night, her best friend and trainer were making out in the corner. While awkward beyond belief for her, she brought two people together. Which one of your friends do you plan to introduce to your trainer?

    I want you to know that I am super proud and supportive of your efforts. Best wishes with the blog and the lifestyle change. I find your writing style and message inspirational.

    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments Marty. I think we're safe, my trainer is already married. So I think he is ok to have around my friends!!! Not to mention he is 25 (as one of my friends said the other day, that makes him "cougar bait" *grin* And yes he will laugh if he reads that!!!)

    ReplyDelete