Saturday, February 27, 2010

I wouldn't change a thing....

As I started my post this morning, the first of the three on how I got here, I found myself concerned about how people might react. I have been through a lot of tough times in my life, and it tends to ellicit feeling bad for me in some people. That isn't the reason I am sharing my story. I am not looking for sympathy or pity. I don't need either.

To help prevent that, I have decided to preface my story with an explanation of how I look at the world and all I have been through...

I live my life on one simple belief. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Good, bad or otherwise, everything that we experience, everything we struggle through, everything we sail through, they all make us who we are. Every step in our journey is crucial to the moment we are currently in.

As you read my blog you are going to see that life hasn't always dealt me the easiest hand of cards, but if I were given a chance to go back in time, I can't say I would change any of it. It has all made me the person I am today, and overall I like that person. I am strong, determined, loving, protective and at times fierce. I know the ups and downs of the world and because of the downs I can truly value the ups.

So please don't ready my story and feel sorry for me. I don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment